Our friends at Restored have announced a very exciting photo competition - we hope that you will get involved. Restored is an international Christian alliance working to transform relationships and end violence against women.
What is it and when is it?
Taking place for the whole month of November at the Salvation International HQ in London, Restored will host a photo exhibition of members photo's that represent the work undertaken on transforming relationships and ending violence against women. It is an exciting opportunity, not only to have your work promoted and displayed in a prominent central London location, but also an opportunity to engage a different audience in the issues of ending violence against women. We are grateful to the generosity of the International Salvation Army for the use of their premises for November to display the top 18-20 photographs chosen, runners-up and competition winner.
What do you win?
There will be one winner and two runner's up prizes. The competition winner will receive a large canvass of the winning photograph submitted to the competition. The runners-up will receive a smaller canvass of the photograph submitted to the competition. The winning photograph will be displayed in the centre of the exhibition with the runners up either side. The winner will be revealed on the launch evening, Friday 1st November, at the International Salvation Army HQ in London.
When is the deadline for submission?
5pm GMT (6pm BST) Friday 9th August 2013
How long and where will the photo's be displayed?
We have secured an exhibition space at the International Salvation Army HQ in London for the whole month of November 2013. It is hoped after this that the exhibition can tour around the UK in various venues and possibly Christian events.
Why a competition?
We would love to display everyone’s photo’s but this is not feasible due to available space. Restored now has 80 members worldwide so limiting the display was essential. It does mean you have a 1 in 4 chance of your photograph being displayed
Who are the judges?
We are pleased to announce that award-winning Photographer, Clive Mear of Red & Green UK, will be on the judges panel. Clive has extensive experience in photography and has travelled internationally with his work. He has also displayed work in the International Salvation Army HQ on a previous occasion so has real experience of what works in the space. Mandy Marshall, Co-Director of Restored, will also form a part of the judging panel along with a guest judge to be revealed.
How do I enter?
Please see the competition rules below for full information of how to enter.
1) You may supply unto 3 images, either portrait or landscape in format, and these should be supplied as high resolution as possible, ideally a file size of above 30Mb.
2) You should supply a copy of consent from the parties shown in the image to say they are happy for the image to be included herein.
3) All images should be supplied as digital files NOT as prints (Ideally minimum 300dpi, 360mm x 240mm, sRGB JPG)
4) For each image supplied, please supply maximum of 150 words description or explanation of the circumstances the image was taken in. Please be sensitive and where possible change names to ensure integrity.
5) The closing date for the submission of entries is Friday 9th August 2013. The judges decision is final, and you will be informed of the winner on or after the exhibition launch event evening in London.
6) First prize will be a large canvass of your submitted photograph, Second and third prizes will be smaller canvasses of your submitted photograph. By entering images, you agree for them to be used by Restored in their marketing and promotional materials and confirm the photographer has released full usage at no royalty cost for this purpose. High commended entries will be included in a booklet to accompany the exhibition, but no royalties will be paid. Please ensure a full photo credit is supplied for publication and display.