We celebrated our second birthday at the Sophia Network reception - thanks to Jo for yummy cupcakes! If you want to join the network, or sign up for the new members' section, then click here.
Ruth Hassall and Paul Wilcox did a condensed version of our mentoring training on Saturday afternoon. If that has whetted your appetite for more, or if you have people on your teams or in your church that would benefit, we'll be doing 14 training dates next year in partnership with Urban Saints and CPAS. Details are being finalised at the moment and dates will be up on www.mentoringtraining.org.uk very soon, but the first event is in Luton on 16 January 2010 and you can book here.
And then in Adolescence - bodies, brains and behaviour, I mentioned several studies that have been highlighted on the blog in the last few months.
- survey of teenage boys by the Guardian and the Women in Journalism study of the portrayal of boys in the media
- study of sexual bullying among young people by the NSPCC and the University of Bristol
- effect of early puberty on girls
- Girlguiding survey of girls
- study of teenagers in Scotland and mental health